The success of every large-scale transformation in an organization is dependant not only on the support and collaboration of the entire leadership team but also on the presence of strongly committed champions of change, who can help leaders better understand how to integrate plans for change within their department or areas of responsibility. In order to gain a deep commitment from the leadership team, a Leaders Group was created to support the Network of Service Excellence Champions in their efforts to improve campus-wide service excellence.
Comprising about 10 individuals from the University’s upper management team who have demonstrated a commitment to service excellence, the Service Excellence Leaders Group supports the Network of Service Excellence Champions and acts as an essential link in the University’s ability to successfully implement change.
Members of the Leaders Group will help create strategic alliances and develop a shared vision and commitment for service excellence at the executive level (VPs, deans, vice-deans, CAOs and department heads). Through ongoing communications with faculties and services, the group will help establish service excellence action plans with measureable objectives and secure the resources needed to drive service excellence in all sectors of the University.
The members of the Leaders Group, who will hold two-year terms, will promote broader participation and engagement. The role of the Leaders Group is to:
- Identify ways to integrate service excellence into faculty and departmental strategic plans
- Review and approve a process for developing service excellence action plans at the faculty and department level
- Review and approve an accountability matrix for understanding the most effective way to drive accountability for service excellence
- Integrate service excellence measures into personal performance scorecards
- Advocate for change
- Demonstrate leadership and a deep level of personal commitment when making presentations on service excellence